CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Our first field trip!!

David and I decided that it was time for a field trip, so we planned a day of it. Dad took us out to lunch first at our favorite sandwich shop...The Cheese Wheel! Then we headed off to the Fire Department here in St. Augustine. I had called ahead and we scheduled our visit for Friday at 1:30. So we got the grand tour!! The girls had a blast! I laughed at Aly because she had so many questions. They really enjoyed their visit with all the firemen and we offer up a sincere THANK YOU to all the firemen for treating us so well and for all they sacrifice to help keep us safe!! Here Mr Fireman shows the girls all the "gear" and explains it to them. I was so pleased that they were so interested in it all. They really paid attention and asked some good questions!
Here is little Tiger Lili. She was so excited that she only had one question..."Where is the firedog!!!" Our new friend Brandon sadly told us that they didn't have one!! Lili was very sad, but quickly recovered when I pulled the camera back out!!


"What is that mask thingy you are putting on your face??"



Here is Aly with her list of questions for him.

Pictures with their new buddies!


These gentlemen were all around the back of the truck until I said that there were two beautiful young ladies that wanted to have their picture taken with them....they quickly
headed to the front!!
Gotta love a photo op with pretty girls!!!

The girls even got firehats out of it.
We rounded out the day with a banner trip to the library. I have a folding crate on wheels that goes to the library with us and this day was no exception. We came home with 54 books!!! Whew...we did a lot of reading this past week!!
Just got some new Science curriculum...I'll update more later...time to start dinner!
Blessings~


5 comments:

sarahb said...

Sounds like great fun! And you gave me some inspiration. Thanks for letting me take a peek:)

Susan said...

whoaa 50+ books?!?! What a great post! LOVE the pics! Ask David how his new song is coming along. We need to get this show on the road... :)

Shelley said...

hey Sarah...glad you were inspiried. Stop by any time!!

Susan, we usually bring home between 45-50 or more each week. Between the books I reserve online and the ones they pick out themselves...it is usually a full crate each Friday.

I laughed at the librarian I spoke to on the phone early last week. I was reserving a copy of "The Miracle Worker" (we were reading about Helen Keller) and he said, "Wow...looks like you have a bunch of books ready to be picked up here!" It was only Monday and I knew I hadn't reserved many yet. I asked him how many a bunch was. He said, "Wow...you have five books reserved" I literally laughed out loud at him and said, "Um...that's nothing...wait until Friday and see how many there are!" Sure enough the same guy checked me out on Friday. His eyes bugged out as Aly and Lili proceeded to stack up over 30 books on the counter and then he brought my "holds" out to the front...all 23 of them...he got a good laugh out of it!!
David sang part of the song for me ...I love it!!!! Good fun!!!

sarahb said...

I need to check with our library. I always assumed there was a limit on the number of books so always put the brakes on my kiddos. I was probably wrong:)....but don't let them know that!!

Shelley said...

Hey Sarah, Our library has no limit and you can keep them for 3 wks. We usually take them back after one week unless it is something we particularly like and want to read over and over. Or a chapter book that takes a bit longer. Oh...we also use "Library Elf" it is awesome!!! Google it and see if your library uses it!!