CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Our little schoolhouse update...

Well, we are about 2 1/2 weeks into our homeschooling adventure and I thought I would post some pictures so you can see that we really are doing it and we really are surviving!!! I am feeling a bit more comfortable and falling into habits, Aly is a good bit less high-strung and starting to really get into the swing of things and Lili is having a blast learning to write her letters and she is starting to understand that she doesn't get to get up and walk away from the table telling me, "No Mamma, I don't want to do that!" Ah...life with Lili...never a dull moment!!! :-)

Anyway...here are the pics ...enjoy...

Lili and her new favorite book. I highly recommend it!! I am amazed at what comes out of that little brain...she really has some amazing thoughts!!!

Such beautiful illustrations and such thought provoking questions!!


She was so proud of her Lion!!

Day one of our Science "experience" (she doesn't call them experiments, but instead prefers to call them experiences!!!) about water evaporation.

Yes, we did indeed lose water due to evaporation and there are indeed air molecules in there! Thanks Magic Schoolbus!!

Copywork time. Must improve that handwriting and get that address memorized!!

Aly was learning about syllables and decided to teach Lili. I about fell out of my chair when Lili corrected her on one word...it was hilarious!!!
The girls are memorizing the books of the Bible. I printed them out on index cards for them and they were putting them in order.

Some goodies from our nature walk. We couldn't stay out too long as the bugs were vicious!!!!

We have been studying about Florida and during a break Lili came out in this getup. We laughed at the hat. It had gotten smashed in the dress-up chest and amazingly it looked somewhat like a Spanish Conquistador helmet!!! Rather approriate for the study and the town where we live! Even the horse got in on the act.

Aly LOVES doing Sudoku puzzles. Sometimes she helps me with the one in the paper, but I started printing them out for her to do during math time and she has a ball with them.


Here is the completed Lion from the video above. She was so proud of herself!!
I continue to remind myself daily of the awesome privilege and opportunity I have been given , along with David, to raise up these children in the "nurture and admonition of the Lord."
(Eph 6:4)
Aly prayed the other morning before we started school. She thanked God that we lived in a country where we were allowed to homeschool. Then she asked God to "please keep it that way!"

"Teach them God's decrees and give them his instructions. Show them
how to conduct their lives." Ex 18:20

In HIS Mighty Grip~